Lately I was elected as chairman for our Luzon area NA sub-committee on H & I. The election was held at the general assemply of GSR's of the Luzon area.
Part of my H&I area's responsiblity is to conduct the weekly Wednesday 9:30am meetings at the DOH-CURRED rehab at the Camp Bagong Diwa in Bicutan, Rizal. The Curred rehab is composed of about 7 dorms occupied by mostly male residents witha dorm each for the female and adolescent residents totalling about 330 residents all in all.
At the moment, pending the conduction of our P.I. and H & I learning day on Feb.21 to be held at the New Manila NA meeting venue, and the recruitment of trained and willing volunteers with the appropriate clean time, we are currently able to handle only 5 dorms.
I was glad to see my friend and province-mate from Cavite, Doc Bien L. who is presently reassigned from the DoH Tagaytay rehab to the DOH Curred rehab.
At the moment, volunteers from the MRH, New Manila and MOA group continue to help conduct and support the meetings at the Curred rehab. We however, see the need for at least 2 women volunteers for the female dorm and at least one adolescent volunteer, age 16 and below, from our fellowship who would like to carry the message of recovery to the addicts at the Curred rehab.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment